A wide range of building services including construction of 225 plots, drainage, sewerage and other water-related services, plus ground stabilisation and road infrastructure.
A potentially costly project because of poor ground below the water table and drainage issues; Kier Living needed a reliable partner to help them with considerable groundworks as well as ground stabilisation and multiple drainage and water-related considerations.
Applebridge worked with Kier Living and their designers to reduce the levels on site, ultimately reducing the import required and the project cost. The Applebride team also introduced lime stabilisation to excavations to provide a solid working platform.
Scope of works included:
- Construction of 225 Plots
- Raising site levels up to 2.5m from existing levels by importing 90,000m3 of material
- Foul and Surface water sewers below the water table
- Piling of foundations with precast concrete ring beams
- House construction up to DPM inclusive of external works.
- Draining of the site dues to water levels
- Off-Site directional drilled drainage
- Large Precast and crate attenuation tanks
- Ground Stabilisation for piling mats
£12m project commenced in October 2017 and is ongoing. The partnership between Kier Living and Applebridge is working well, with ongoing collaboration to continue to drive forward site developments and project outcomes.