Energy - Willmott Dixon
This three year project saw the Applebridge team complete extensive construction works below ground within the challenging constraints of a building with conservation status.
The project involved many unique challenges, including: working in close proximity to two lines of the East Coast mainline; working within a tight city centre space; propping of an existing 19th century underground warehouse below the site; working within buildings with conservation status and working under an NEC form of contract.
The three year, £6m below ground and concrete works for this complicated city centre scheme comprised:
- Reinforced concrete slab, frame and roof
- Construction below-ground within existing 19th century warehouse
- Reinforced concrete building
- New reinforced concrete slabs throughout
- New drainage
- Extensive temporary works
- Piling within existing 19th century warehouse
- Observing the conservation status of the building
This £6m project commenced in October 2011 and was completed in June 2014.