This is ACL’s first project with WiIlmott Dixon and following current performance on this project it will hopefully be the start of more to come. This project is planned to come in on time and budget.
Public Sector - Wilmott Dixon Construction
The Applebridge team is completing construction, earthworks, drainage and external works on-site at this brand new leisure centre development.
This project is very restricted in terms of access and also required a large amount of design input with Wilmott Dixon Construction being employed on a D&B basis, however did not include design liability. The project was very complicated due to its tight access and stringent timescales. This project was also put under additional pressure from Willmott Dixon Construction’s rigid health and safety procedures.
Scope of works included:
- Carpark construction - bulk earthworks, drainage inclusive of attenuation, kerbing and Tarmac installation
- Bulk earthworks to main building inclusive of excavation for pool construction
- Installation of building foundations, including swimming pool concrete structure
- Installation of all internal and external drainage and ground floor slab (inclusive of DPM)
- Completion with external works, including all road construction kerbing, paving and flagging
This £2.2m project commenced in September 2018 and is ongoing.