Energy - BioConstruct GmbH
Applebridge Construction were employed to carry out the non M&E works including design of civils by the main contractor, German based M&E company BioConstruct GmbH.
Extensive input was needed from an expert partner Like Applebridge to complete all non M&E works and various large reinforced concrete structures as well as sizable retaining walls and concrete slabs plus large tonnage steelworks.
The works comprise of a large reception hall, 15- tank bases of varying sizes, extensive piling and ground remediation as well as external works, fit-out of the clean rooms and laboratories over a site approximately 5 acres in size. Scope of works included:
- 5MW anaerobic digestion plant
- All non M&E including design works comprising:
- Extensive piling and ground remediation (1500nr, 16m deep precast concrete piles)
- Steel framed building (1000m2 GFA)
- Large reinforced concrete structures
- 1200m2 retaining walls
- 500m3 concrete slabs
- 400t steel
- 400m of concrete retaining walls - 4.5m high
- EPC form of contract
This £4.8m project commenced in August 2016 and is ongoing.