Infrastructure - Interserve Construction
This site expansion comprised 117 new touring caravan pitches and 77 new concrete bases to house static caravans. Applebridge also assisted with the installation of all mains services, which also included two no pumping stations and heat source pumps.
There were numerous challenges along the way, which included a complex surface water drainage system and a foul water outfall which was 1.8km away which required directional drilling.
The Applebridge team was involved heavily from the beginning to make the development achievable - assisting with the design and water issues on-site, which resulted in a major stabilisation operation taking place prior to any roads or pitches being installed. Scope of works included:
- Stabilise ground due to groundwater issues
- Install roads and sewers for caravan site infrastructure
- 117 touring pitches and 77 static caravan bases
- All surrounding landscaping and mains services installed
- Large foul water pump station installation with 1.8km of directional drilling to foul water outfall
This £3.6m project commenced in September 2018 and was successfully completed one year later in September 2019.